Bridge and dock piling are susceptible to degradation caused by scour, ice flows, and time. Total replacement of the piling can be avoided by repairing with concrete pile jackets to restore the piling to its original strength. This innovative way to restore bridge and dock piling is cost-effective, and the design is adaptable to client preference.
To facilitate this repair Brennan will:
- Inspect current piling conditions;
- Prefabricate pile jackets;
- Remove debris from around the piling;
- Clean the existing surface of the piling;
- Add steel reinforcement around the existing piling; and
- Install the pile jacket and fill with cementitious grout.