This method of collecting data is the most effective way of creating detailed 3-dimensional models of the river and lake bottoms. It collects several soundings at once and ties them in with RTK-GPS units to create a very accurate depiction of subaqueous surfaces. This method reduces the triangular interpolation between data points because there are more of them. The result is a much more detailed model that will show bottom contours, debris, scour areas, and other bottom conditions.
Multi-Beam Survey Benefits
- Minimizes Interpolation (Greater Number of Data Points Collected)
- Provides Very Detailed Information
- Provides Sediment Characterization
- Can Increase Efficiency (Depth Dependent)
- High Accuracy Data Collection