J.F. Brennan Company specializes in heavy construction on and around the water. We distinguish ourselves from other construction firms because we perform our services both above and below water. At Brennan, we focus on safety, value, and environmental stewardship during every project. We provide our crews with the proper tools to work on the water and intensive marine safety and environmental training programs. We have a fleet of U.S. Coast Guard approved vessels, several large marine plants, numerous high-quality sectional barges, and essential tools to communicate with any navigational traffic.
J.F. Brennan Company has grown to provide our clients with a complete marine construction experience. We provide innovative solutions to the many challenges facing critical marine infrastructure. Because we have the capability to work above and below water, we can bring innovative ideas to the table that most firms won’t consider. Our staff of marine professionals and engineers has the experience and tools to tackle any challenging water-based project.
Marine Construction Services
Bridge Construction and Repair
- J.F. Brennan Company specializes in bridge construction from the deck down. This includes pier and abutment work required for both above- and below-water applications. From small concrete repair projects to large capital projects, Brennan can facilitate the water-based work required. – Learn More
Dam Construction and Repair
- Inspection, repair, and construction services on dams have been part of J.F Brennan Company’s core business segment of marine construction since its founding. Over the years we have teamed with several government, utility, paper mill, and municipal entities to inspect, repair, and build water-based infrastructure. – Learn More
- Brennan distinguishes itself from other marine construction firms because we are able to carry out our projects both above and below the waterline. This enables us to bring new ideas and approaches that can lead to large cost savings. Our divers can perform underwater inspections and repair bridges, dams, dock structures, power plants, paper mills, intakes, and discharges. – Learn More
- J.F. Brennan can perform the entire dredge process from sediment removal through dewatering. Our specialty Integrated Dredging and Dewatering Process (ID&D™) focuses on a complete dredge system. – Learn More
Terminal and Harbor Construction
- J.F. Brennan Company has over 75 years of pile driving experience. We have built several high-quality structures throughout the inland waterways from land and marine-based equipment. Our equipment portfolio includes a wide range of crane sizes, pile-driving hammers, and support equipment. From vibratory to large diesel impact hammers, we have the capabilities to provide flexible options specific to each and every project. – Learn More
- Brennan has reinvented the concept of inland waterway hydrographic survey. Using the latest technologies and custom-designed vessels, we have become an innovative leader in underwater mapping and modeling. – Learn More