J.F. Brennan Company’s portfolio of concrete repair methods offers several effective choices that can reduce cost and ensure a quality repair. Whether it is above or below the waterline, we can repair existing concrete or place new concrete. Often, access to the structure is difficult and requires innovative thinking to effectively transport and place concrete within a limited time schedule. At Brennan, we have mastered the challenging logistics of difficult placements around water-based structures.
Typical methods used by Brennan include the following:
Underwater Concrete Repairs
- It is often thought that a successful concrete repair must be done in the dry; however, this is not always the case. Brennan can present several methods of underwater concrete placement that best fit each project. – Learn More
Preplaced Aggregate Concrete (PAC)
- This process blends the traditional placement methods with pressurized grouting techniques. Several advantages include high bondability, low shrinkage, reduced cracking, and increased strength. - Learn More
Precast Concrete Placement
- Precast concrete is a very effective alternative when there are steel embedments or complicated shapes that would require dewatering for a successful placement. – Learn More
- Pressure grouting is an integral part of Brennan’s geotechnical services. We often pressure grout to fill cracks and voids as well as control water seepage. - Learn More
- Formed concrete is the most common type of concrete work done at Brennan. We have the expertise and ability to design and install custom formwork for any application. Whether it is a critical pour or a small patch job, we can safely and efficiently carry out placement in several types of weather conditions.