J.F. Brennan Company specializes in bridge construction from the deck down. This includes pier and abutment work required for both above- and below-water applications. From small concrete repair projects to large capital projects, Brennan can facilitate the water-based work required. Our personnel have the experience and safety qualifications for both railroad and DOT work.
Brennan can perform projects with difficult access. We have the right equipment to support large cranes safely without limiting their capacity. We can team with other contractors for marine equipment support and accomplish large renovations or replacements.
Underwater Pier Inspection
- Underwater pier inspections can be accomplished using divers, sector scans, or our remotely operated vehicle. Our divers have experience with bridge pier construction and can provide in-depth reports to identify any problems that may be occurring below the waterline. – Learn More
Pier and Abutment Repairs
- Our portfolio of concrete repair methods offers several effective choices that can reduce cost and ensure a quality repair. We have experience carrying out pier repairs whether or not they are dewatered. – Learn More
Pier Cofferdam Construction and Installation
- Cofferdam construction and installation is often a necessity for water-based structures. Brennan can both design and fabricate several types of cofferdams to allow access for pier construction. - Learn More
Erosion Control and Scour Protection
- Brennan can provide several options that will result in robust, long-lasting erosion control and scour protection. We can remediate scour problems both above and below the waterline. – Learn More
- Bridge demolition takes on a whole different meaning when done around waterways. Since inland waterways are often environmentally sensitive areas, dust and debris often have to be contained.
Timber Fender Construction
- J.F. Brennan Company has been installing timber cribs around critical structures since the mid-1920s. – Learn More