J.F. Brennan Company has worked with every Class 1 and several short line railroads. We specialize in work on water-based structures such as bridges and embankments. This work includes dive services, scour and erosion repairs, concrete repairs, timber bridge repairs, and salvage.
We are different than other contractors who work on bridge structures because we have our own divers. These divers are experienced in both inspections and the construction process. Brennan can handle small repair jobs as well as large capital projects. Backed by quality equipment and intense safety training, our marine professionals are able to meet the demanding needs of the railroad industry.
For emergency response, please call our dispatch line.
Services Brennan Provides to Railroads
Underwater Bridge Inspection
- Underwater inspections can be accomplished using divers, sector scans, or our remotely operated vehicle. Our divers have experience with bridge pier construction and can provide in-depth reports to identify any problems that may be occurring below the waterline. – Learn More
Bridge Pier and Abutment Repairs
- Our portfolio of concrete repair methods offers several effective choices that can reduce cost and ensure a quality repair. We have experience performing pier repairs whether or not they are dewatered. – Learn More
Bridge Pier Cofferdam Construction and Installation
- Cofferdam construction and installation is often a necessity for water-based structures. Brennan can both design and fabricate several types of cofferdams to allow access for pier construction. - Learn More
Erosion Control and Scour Protection
- Brennan can provide several options that will result in robust, long-lasting erosion control and scour protection. We can remediate scour problems both above and below the waterline. – Learn More
Timber Fender Construction
- J.F. Brennan Company has been installing timber cribs around critical structures since the mid-1920s. – Learn More
Salvage and Accident Recovery
- Brennan is often called upon by railroads, barge transportation companies, marinas, and municipalities for salvage. – Learn More