J.F. Brennan Company Inc. is an industry leader in several aspects of inland waterway marine construction and environmental stewardship. It was that focus on quality and stewardship that has enabled Brennan to expand into the field of environmental remediation and restoration.
To effectively respond to the difficult challenges faced when remediating a sensitive riverine environment, a company must have a firm grasp on both industry standards and project challenges. At Brennan, we are a leader in developing innovative technologies and processes in the remediation industry. Additionally, Brennan has consistently provided cost-effective remediation solutions while meeting the client’s safety, schedule, and quality expectations.
J.F. Brennan Company has been recognized by the Unites States Environmental Protection Agency (USEPA) Region 5, Great Lakes National Program Office (GLNPO), United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), and state agencies as one of the nation’s most resourceful and innovative remediation and restoration contractors. For the past 3 years we have been ranked as one of the “Top 20 Hazardous Waste Contractors” by Engineering News-Record (ENR), an industry-leading publication. This designation was in response to the remediation work we perform yearly on inland waterways throughout the United States.
Contaminated Sediments Removal and Disposal
- Brennan has developed new and innovative ways to surgically dredge, transport, separate, and dispose of several types of contaminated subaqueous materials. –Learn More
In-Situ Capping and Sand Covers (BCS™)
- Brennan’s internally developed and patented method of placing sand and gravel cover over in-situ materials without disturbance has redefined the environmental remediation industry. – Learn More
- J.F. Brennan Company takes quality control very seriously to ensure our work is accomplished in accordance with project specifications. During dredging, we continuously perform quality assurance tests to confirm all sediments within the designed dredge cut have been removed. – Learn More
- Habitat restoration has been a large part of Brennan’s dredging expertise along the Upper Mississippi River and other inland waterways. – Learn More
- Brennan has reinvented the concept of inland waterway hydrographic surveying. Using the latest technologies and custom-designed vessels, we have become an innovative leader in underwater mapping and modeling. – Learn More